For most recent posts, click here
What WiZiQ means to education technologists
- David Jakes: "Tools like WiZiQ open the door to collaborative learning worldwide. If you haven't seen this, just take a look at the options-and think of the possibilities. How can tools like WiZiQ, Twitter, and Google presentation contribute to make your classroom permeable"
- Barbara Schroeder: "This post is coming from someone who has used pretty sophisticated web conferencing software: namely Macromedia Breeze, which is now called Adobe Connect Professional. Someone from the EdTech department here at Boise State told me about WiZiQ, and I first thought, "yeah, well I'm sure it's pretty basic." NOT."
- Mrs. Durff: "New Zealand, Australia, China, Thailand, USA. Five continents collaborating via a new free tool. That is amazing"
- David Warlick: "It's pretty impressive for a free service, and I was especially struck by the lack of delay. I've not always had that experience with virtual sessions. "
- Ryan Bretag: "a great new tool that I can see as another strong collaborative tool especially for elearning, group projects, global collaboration projects, and homebound students. I'm really impressed with this tool. It seems to load quickly, function free of bugs, and offer ease of use once in the session."
- Jeff Utecht: "I found this great program the other day called WiziQ. It looks really promising as a way to hold free online meet ups for classes and discussions. I was very impressed with WiZiQ"
- While the synchronous communication tools in our LMS crash and burn (especially the whiteboard function), the latest Internet-based platforms (like WizIQ) are extremely stable and have been delightful to use."
- Vance Stevens: "WiZiQ currently is all the rage on Webheads and Learning with Computers, two email lists with around 1000 tech using educators interacting constantly in dozens of email messages each day (message archives viewable online or via RSS feeds from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads/ and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningwithcomputers/, repectively), and it's also a popular topic in the edublogosphere."
- Zaid Ali Alsagoff: "No annoying downloads are required, and WiZiQ's Flash-based learning environment works in any web browser and on any operating system." also, "WiZiQ thanks for initiating the battle for virtual classroom freedom, enabling all educators and learners around the world (with computers and Internet access) to synchronously collaborate, communicate, and learn online for free. I am surprised that Google and the Gang did not think of it before."
What educators are saying
- ""This is exciting. The sky is the limit with the technology you have shown me. I agree every site that claims it is teaching homeschoolers should be using this technology." (by email)
- "I'm VERY satisfied with your web tool. In the future I hope to use it much more. It's hard for me to believe it's free. Would you like me to pay a fee to ensure service? Please advise." (by email)
- " WiZiQ looks great - really simple to use, intuitive and all the things that online tools need to be to encourage wide uptake." (by email)
- " I want to congratulate you for this most wonderful (ever!) platform you have created. I am so impressed with it that I am afraid to use it. What I mean is that it looks too good to be real" (by email)
- "I love WiziQ so much, I am going to buy a webcamera and pull my presentations together. It is great!" (samccoy)
- "It is just amazing. Now I only can hope that my employer chooses Moodle for the school learning environment."(Leena)
Nellie Deutsch on WiZiQ
Moodle integration for WiZiQ's Virtual Classroom
WiZiQ's Live Class modules for Moodle can be downloaded and installed on servers within existing or new Moodle installations. If you are a teacher, ask your website administrator to install these modules. More information here: Virtual Classroom for Moodle
The free Virtual Classroom
Most read categories
- Using WiZiQ
- Teach and Earn Online on WiZiQ
- Moodle Web Conferencing with WiZiQ
- Virtual Classroom and Whiteboard
- WiZiQ E-teaching
Go to most recent posts